Sitges is certainly a wonderful place to live & work.
And whilst a microcosm of a small town, tourism & hospitality positions, certainly outnumber office jobs.
We aim to provide answers to typical questions & provide ideas, for those relocating & living in Sitges.
- No visa needed for EU/EEA or Switzerland
(to mid 2020 Croatians need a permit)
- Non-EU citizens need a visa (enc seasonal workers/au pairs)
(possible occupations in demand)
- University professors, technicians & scientists are sometime invited
- EU Blue Card = Highly Skilled ‘unfillable’ Degree type job
- Student residence card, for foreigners, allows for working up to 20 hours a week
- Amazing Self-employed businesses & freelancers can win a work permit
Within 30 days, Foreigner’s apply for an Identity Card (TIE/NIE), via Oficina de Extranjeros or a Police Station, Needed for many procedures in Spain, including opening a bank account & invoicing clients.
Along with registering with the Social Security authorities TGSS (Dirección General de la Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social), even if self employed.